Absentee Bidding Terms & Conditions
Copyright ©2012 American Eagle Auction and Appraisal Company. All rights reserved. Site designed by Blue Harvest Creative
By Kenny Lindsay
- Purchases can be paid for by Cash, Approved Check, Visa or Master Card
- All bidders, regardless of method or location, are subject to Michigan State Sales Tax unless bidder has a Michigan Sales Tax Exemption Certificate and has supplied a copy of their certificate to American Eagle Auction & Appraisal Company, LLC.
- Unless advertised as an "absolute" auction, if the Auctioneer determines that any bid is not commensurate with the value of the article offered, he may reject the same and withdraw the item from the auction, and, having acknowledged an opening bid, he decides that an advance is not sufficient, he may reject the advance.
- Ownership title passes upon the fall of the Auctioneer's gavel, and although the winning bidder may not remove the property until such property is paid for, thereafter the property is at risk of the buyer and neither the seller, nor the auctioneer shall be responsible for loss or damage.
- Every item is sold "As Is, Where Is". It is the bidder's responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Neither the auctioneer nor the seller makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to said property. Catalog descriptions and condition reports are for simple identification purposes only, no representations are made to the authenticity, age, origin or value. Bidders should rely solely on personal inspection and not on information listed on the site or otherwise provided by auctioneer or seller. Bidder's failure to inspect, or otherwise be fully informed as to the nature, quality, condition, quantity and size of any item will not constitute ground for any claim, adjustment, refund, termination of the contract for sale, or refusal to close the sale. Please take advantage of any preview to inspect items.
- All purchases shall be paid in full by close of auction and removed within 48 hours unless otherwise arranged. Items left unclaimed for more than 3 days become property of the Auction house. Successful absentee bidders will be notified with 2 business days (Monday – Friday). Full payment must be received within 2 Business Days upon receipt of their phone notification to pay for their items.
- Purchasers are responsible for all costs involved with shipping and removal of their purchases and any and all damages incurred during removal of purchases. The auctioneer may require proof of adequate insurance from the purchaser. The purchaser/bidder hereby indemnifies the auctioneer and the vendor against any and all damages arising from the dismantling and removal of any lots.
- 10% Buyers Premium shall be added to all Absentee Bids.
- In all cases of disputed bids, the auctioneer decision is final.
- This is a privately owned and operated auction. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person(s). No transfer will be recognized from one buyer to another.
- Bidder agrees to pay any and all charges and expenses incurred by reason of any breach of terms & conditions of auction or in case of default, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees, as well as any dollar deficiencies which may result in the resale of the property and the cost of re-marketing said property. Additional commissions shall be due and payable.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the time of sale of such lot.
- By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction.
- The above stated Terms & Conditions of Auction cannot be altered except in writing by all parties of the contract, or by verbal changes to terms given by Auctioneer at time of auction.
- The auctioneer may break down or consolidate any lot or lots at his sole discretion.
- A bidder is deemed to have accepted an item when making a bid. No bidder may retract their bid.
- All announcements made the day of auction take precedence over any previous announcements or advertisements.
- American Eagle Auction & Appraisal Company, LLC reserves the right to reject any and all bids if they so choose.
- Absentee bids are a contract and you are responsible for honoring them. Every legal remedy available will be used to insure the performance of winning bidders. Bidder accepts responsibility for and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each seller and auctioneer and their employees, governing body, officers, owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, costs and expenses including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses related to, arising from or associated with buyer's, his agents or representatives, use of the site, including but not limited to personal injuries or property damage incurred on the sale premises or during removal and transport of any auction item, and arising out of, based upon, or resulting from any breach or violation by bidder of this site user agreement or any use by bidder of the site or as a result of a dispute with another bidder.
We appreciate having you as a customer and wish you the best of luck with your bids. If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact the auctioneer on staff.
Your Michigan Auctioneer American Eagle Auction & Appraisal Company